CBIT Familiarization Tours
Are you interested in buying a business in the North Country? Nothing compares to experiencing our region in person. If you’re ready, make the trip to visit us to explore, connect, and learn. We’ll even help foot the bill!
Contact us now to schedule your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 891-6200.
Each tour includes:
- Lunch in Saranac Lake
- A welcome by the Center for Businesses in Transition (CBIT)
- Meetings with business owners
- Meeting with a local Chamber of Commerce
- Highlights of the area tailored to your business dream
- Introductions to representatives from the local town, village, or area
A sample 2-day itinerary for a participant visiting a business in Ticonderoga, NY.
- Day 1
- Arrive in Saranac Lake, NY.
- Visit the Welcome Center & Chamber of Commerce
- Lunch with representatives from CBIT and the Adirondack North Country Association (ANCA)
- Meet with Adirondack Economic Development Corporation (AEDC) representative
- Visit points of interest in Saranac Lake and successfully transitioned businesses
- Drive to Ticonderoga, NY and check-in to overnight accomodations at CBIT businses Circle Court Motel
- Day 2
- Meet with representatives from CBIT liaison Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce (TACC)
- Meet with representatives from the Town of Ticonderoga
- Meet with local representative from local Economic Development Corporation
- Lunch with TACC team
- Visit business of interest and meet owner
- Tour points of interest and successful businesses in the Ticonderoga Area
- Tours are highly customizable based on your interests
- Tours will average 2 days, but may be customized to 1 or 3 days
- Scholarships are available to cover a portion of, and in some cases all, of your lodging and travel expenses if requirements for participation are met
- Eligible participants must have:
- Attended a CBIT workshop or conference within the last year (in person or virtually)
- Identified at least one businses owner to meet them in person
- Been nominated by a CBIT liaison or partner